If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life that would definitely be Hummus. I have been making hummus for ages and never get bored of it. I finally perfected the best and creamiest hummus recipe and ready to share with you. The secret of good hummus is mushy chickpeas and loads of tahini!!
The main ingredient for good classic hummus is chickpeas and they are also very healthy for you. As a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as aiding weight management, improving digestion, and reducing your risk of disease.
Additionally, this legume is high in protein and makes an excellent replacement for meat in many vegan dishes.
If someone would ask me my favourit legume I would definitely say it is chickpeas, because they are so versatile and you can cook so many dishes with them!
PS. this recipe makes huge batch. If you cannot finish it you can freeze hummus in to portions, just add layer of olive oil to protect from drying.
Classic Hummus with Zaatar
- 400 g dried chickpeas
- 250 g tahini
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml lemon juice
- ¾ tsp each salt and cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- Soak chickpeas in a plenty of water for about 12 hours or overnight.
- I cook my chickpeas in pressure pot but if you don’t have one use normal and add baking powder to boiling chickpeas. Boil for about 45 minutes until chickpeas are very soft and mushy.
- Cool down the chickpeas and add to a food processor.
- Add the rest ingredients and blend until very smooth.
- Add splash of cold water if to thick.
- I love topping my hummus with za’atar and chili flakes and of course lots of olive oil! Zaatar and hummus is the best combination ever!
Check more dips here…