This is the fluffiest za’atar olive focaccia ever. I love how easy this recipe is and requires very little ingredients. So tasty and Za’atar gives such a lovely flavour to the foccacia.
Focaccia is basically easiest bread to make and requires zero skills to make. Also you’ll be surprised and shocked what yeast can do to the dough and how good can it taste!
Letting the dough do its first rise in the fridge for 8–24 hours (like, while you’re working or sleeping) means improved flavor and ease of handling. If you don’t feel like waiting that long (we get it), leave it covered at room temperature until doubled in size, 3–4 hours.
How to make Za’atar Olive Focaccia?
First of all mix dried active yeast with some sugar and warm water and let it bubble for couple of minutes. Next add the rest of the ingredients and make dough like consistency. Cover in oil and let rise overnight in the fridge.
In the morning take it out of the fridge and thansfer the dough to the oiled baking sheet. Spread it and let it rise second time for about 1-2 hours.
Decorate hovever you like I did this time with Za’atar and green olives I love it that way it tastes just amazing! Bake in the oven and slice it up!
What is Za’atar?
For me I could call this spice mixture as the king of spices. It is a spice mixture from Middle East. It is filled with sumac, sesame seeds, oregano, thyme and other herbs. Za’atar is perfect for sprinkling on vegetables and salads and the best with bread and olive oil. I think it’s so perfect with olive focaccia that no one should miss this combination of flavours!
If you like this recipe check out:
ZA’ATAR POTATOES & TAHINI SAUCE
Za’atar Olive Focaccia
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp za'atar spice mix
- 50 g green pitted olives
- olive oil
- In a bowl add ½ cup warm water, yeast and sugar and let get it bubbly for about 5 minutes.
- Add Flour, remaining water, oil and salt and stir. Knead the dough for 4 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rise for 15-20 minutes in room temperature.
- Then transfer the dough to the fridge overnight.
- In the morning transfer the dough to oiled baking dish and spread it as you want.Let it rise it rest for a final 1 hour.
- Add some olive oil, za'atar and olives and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!