This Avocado Chickpea salad is super creamy and really good alternative if you like cream based salads. The main flavour to this salad comes from this beautiful and creamy avocado dressing. It is also great alternative if you like mayo based salads because it is way healthier for you. I love this dressing and you can use it on any salad you like!
Ingredients to make Avocado Chickpea Salad
- Chickpeas, you can use cooked or canned chickpeas depending on your preference. If I have planned ahead, I like to use dried chickpeas that I have soaked overnight and cooked myself. That way I don’t overcook them so they have a little crunch however canned chickpeas work great too, especially if you are needing a faster option.
- Avocado, one ripe avocado to provides a beautiful creaminess to the salad without having to add any creamy dressings.
- Lettuce, use any kind of lettuce you like. I love some crunchy kind of lettuce which is usually romaine lettuce.
- Radish, for me radish is a sign of spring and I love it for its crunch. You can totally leave it out if you have difficulties to find it . Also replace it to cucumber if you like.
- Tomatoes, it’s important to use tomatoes that are ripe however are still firm so they don’t become too soggy or watery. Here I love to use cherry tomatoes.
- Carrot is a perfect addition for its sweetness and crunch and taste.
- Parsley is my chosen herb for this salad, a good handful will do the trick.
- Lemon juice for a touch of acidity. You can use lime juice if you prefer.
- Garlic. It is used to make a sauce. As I said so many times I love to add garlich to everrything it’s just perfect in this avocado sauce.
How to make Avocado Sauce?
Simply just use small food processor and throw avocado, parsley, lemon juice, galic and olive oil. Belnd it until you get very creamy texture. You can also store it for couple of days and make salad whenever you want.
If you like this recipe check out some of my favourite salads:
Avocado Chickpea Salad
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4-5 radishes
- 1 small carrot
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful parsley
- Blend all the dressing ingredient until creamy.
- Chop all the vegetables as you like and add to a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together with a salad dressing and enjoy!