This marinated onion and oregano focaccia is super therapeutic to make and tastes just amazing. Cut this marinated onion focaccia into squares or tear and share with your friends and family on any dinner party. It is also super easy to make so you don’t need any skills to make it ahead for summer bbq or as a side for a salad.
What makes Marinated onion focaccia so special?
I definitely would say good dough recipe and of course the marinated onion and garlic.
How to marinate the onion and garlic?
Simply just add your favourite good quality olive oil to the chopped onion and garlic as well as white wine vinegar, sweetened of choice(I’ve used agave syrup), then season with lots of dried oregano and salt. Mix everything and tel it marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes.
The secret of the good and stretchy focaccia dough is to let it rise overnight, so be prepared to make it one day before. Combine flour, water, yeast, olive oil and salt and mix to a sticky dough. Cover it with more olive oil and let it rise overnight. The very next morning it will be double or even triple in size and ready to bake in the oven!
If you like this recipe check out:
Marinated Onion Focaccia
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 ¼ tsp instand active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
Marinated onion and garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix the dough and cover it with olive oil. Let it rise overnight.
- Next morning spread the dough on the baking sheet and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Chop the onion in to half moon shape as well as thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- To abowl add chopped onion and galric and cover with olive oil, vinegar, agave, oregano and salt. Let it marinade for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spred the marinated onion and garlic on the focaccia dough and bake in the preheated 200°C oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!