This creamy za’atar potato salad is one of the best, creamiest and delicious potato salads I’ve ever made. I love the texture of this salad . Also the seasoning goes so well here. This salad makes a really great side dish for any bbq or picnic, I also love eating it on its own. It’s super creamy and delicious.
What makes this creamy za’atar potato salad so awesome?
I’m sharing a recipe that is going to blow people away. This Za’atar Potato Salad is my new favourite. I don’t know what it is about this relatively simple seasoning blend, but it just makes everything taste better. It’s a spice blend of dried oregano, thyme, sesame seeds and sumac. It’s got a brightness to it that just turns up the volume on the flavour. If you’ve never tried it before, definitely buy some. It won’t go to waste.
I like the simple mayo and tahini based creamy sauce which is flavoured with garlic, lemon and spices. This dressing is a dream. I’m telling you! Definitely try it for any salad, not only potato recipes.
The potatoes are cooked whole and then chopped after cooling to help them maintain their shape and not turn to total mush.
I also added chopped onion for a little kick in the flavour and bunch of parsley which is absolutely my favourite herb.
You can also add some seeds or nuts if you want a little crunch for the salad. It gives a nice flavour to it and it’s super healthy for you!
If you like this recipe check out:
Creamy Za’atar Potato Salad
- 5 menium potatos about 1 kg
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ leom peel
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za'atar
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Add potatoes with a peel on to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile make a sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients.
- When potatoes are cooked, peel and chop them.
- Add cubed potatoes, onion, parsley, sunflower seeds and the dressing to a bowl and mix well.
- Serve with more za'atar on top. Enjoy!