This orange chickpea and couscous salad is one of the easiest and comforting salads you can make for any occasion. I love the combination of flavours, from sourness of orange to herbs and garlic taste. It’s also very simple to make and ingredients are super affordable.
Ingredients for Orange Chickpea Couscous Salad
You’ll only need a couple ingredients which you can also find in your pantry to make this salad.
- Chickpeas. This is my favourite legume. I love chickpeas because they are so versatile and very cheap. They are also very nutritios and healthy for you.
- Couscous. I choose these grains because I love the texture of them. And it goes very well with chickpeas. Also it’s very easy to cook them. Just pour boiling water on the grains and leave it to absorb the water.
- Parsley. My favourite herb that literally goes so well with everything. That’s why I put it here.
- Dill. Another favourite herb of mine that gives a really lovely and unique flavour to the salad.
- Tahini. This sesame seed paste makes salad very creamy and combines all the flavours.
- Orange. Usually I would put lemon for a stronger flavour but I like to use orange juice here as it’s sweet and sour, and gives a lovely flavour to the dressing.
- Garlic. I think I mention this in every of my posts that I love garlic and love to add a little bit of it in everything.
How to cook perfect couscous?
Follow 1:1 Liquid to Couscous Ratio. If you plan to cook 1 cup of couscous, you’ll need 1 cup of boiling broth or water (but look at the couscous package as some may require a different ratio). Use too much liquid and your couscous will be a bit on the sticky side. And if you use too little liquid, your couscous will be drier.
If you like this recipe check out:
Orange Chickpea Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 handful each fresh parsley and dill
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 orange juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pour boiling water over the couscous and cover with a lid. Let the couscous absorb the liquid. Leave it undisturbed for about 20 minutes.
- When the couscous is readyy add chickpeas, chopped parsley and dill.
- Makes sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Mix well and enjoy!