Spread the love
Autumn is the mushroom season and I’m sure lots of people have access to different mushrooms. You can use whatever mushrooms you love for this recipe. I’ve had lots of dried porcini mushrooms on hand and it was soo delicious! Creamy Porcini & Turmeric Risotto is full of flavours and is perfect for dinner or any occasion.
Creamy Porcini & Turmeric Risotto
Delicious and healthy mushroom risotto with turmeric.
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 140 g risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp each turmeric, salt and cumin
- ehydrate the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl, with just enough boiling water to cover them. Leave them for 20 minutes and drain, retaining the liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 1tbsp oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the rice, spices and rehydrated porcinis. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes to combine and toast the rice.
- Add porcini water and stock to the pan. Bring to a simmer and wait for this to absorb, stirring occasionally.
- Stir often, and add extra water if needed.
- After around 15 minutes, all of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be cooked.
- Add the olive oil and give it one final stir before serving.
Check more main recipes here…