These Oven roasted smashed potatoes ıs one of my new favourite recipes! Crazy crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! These will be gone in seconds before even eating dinner!
As a vegetable potato is probably the gratest and most versatile veggie ever. And as a person from Eastern Europe I grew up eating potatoes almost every day. I couldn’t imagine my life wihout potatoes.
How to make thes potatoes?
These oven roasted smashed potatoes are mede out of small baby potatoes which are boiled first, then smashed and roasted in the oven.
For the most crispiness let potatoes steam dry a bit before adding olive oil and spices. This ensures ultra crispy sides of baby potatoes.
How to serve these smashed potatoes?
I think I would totally happy just be munching these potatoes as a snack. And next time I would make double batch to serve for parties as these are so good!
I also would serve these with some kind of dip sauce like hummus or serve as a side dish!
Check my perfect hummus recipes here:
Oven Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 6 cups water, for boiling
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cook potatoes. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until soft small ones should take around 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Steam dry. Drain the potatoes and let them dry in the colander for 5 minutes or so.
- Mix potatoes with spices and olive oil.
- Place potatoes on a tray. Using bottom of the glass smash each of the potato.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot. With some diping sauce.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Follow me along instagram for all the latest updates!
You would also like :