These Citrusy Roasted Celeriac steaks are so good and easy to make! Served with a beutiful lemon, caper and dill sauce, which give so much flavour to the dish!
In my opinion celeriac is not always the most inspired vegetable but dressed with some zingy dressing, it really comes to life. When I first tried to eat celariac I was surprisingly shocked about the texture of it. Paired with a lovely lemony dressing it really is such an amazing veggie.
How to cook citrusy celeriac?
The aim is to cut the celeriac into four 2-cm thick slices/steaks. First, you will have to remove the knobbly bits and peel the celeriac. Depending on its shape, you will also have to cut out a bit off each end to have even slices. You can keep any offcuts to make soup and/ or vegetable stock.
You can fry the steaks either in a pan or roast them in the oven. I prefer to roast it as it gives lovely flavour and of course you need less oil for it. Once cooked, the steaks will be golden and soft.
Lemony Dill sauce
I think for the best results of these citrusy roasted celeriac is to make a great and delicious sauce which goes well with celeriac. This sauce is so simple and easy to make! Simply just roast a small bulb of garlic wraped in foil togethes with celeriac and mix it with some lemon, capers and fresh dill.
You might also like:
Citrusy Roasted Celeriac
- 2 large celeriac
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- ⅓ tsp black pepper and salt
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 handful dill
- 1 tsp capers
- ½ lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Cut the celeriac into 4 x 2cm-thick steaks.
- Cut the celeriac into 4 x 2cm-thick steaks. Coat them in olive oil and season with salt.
- Covelr garlic bulb with salt pepper and olive oil and wrap in foil.
- Roast celeriac and garlic for 30 minutes turning halfway until golden and tender.
- Combine sauce ingredients and squized garlic cloves. Mix well.
- Serve Celeriac with sauce and enjoy!