This Roasted pumpkin with pesto and feta is going to blow you mind with so many flavours! I think this is one of the best ways to eat pumpkin. Sweet pumpkin, herby pesto, sour feta and crunchy nuts just goes so well together.
What are the ingredients?
- Pumpkin. Star of the dish great old pumpkin, gives a lovely sweet taste to the dish. Also so easy to prepare as you need to roast it with a skin on!
- Pesto. I’ve made super simple parsley pesto here. Added some garlic, lemon juice and nuts, I love the simple ingredients!
- Vegan feta. I will be honest it was my first time trying vegan feta and I thought I have to make something special with it! It was amazing and sour like real feta cheese!
- Pine nuts. Another favourite nut of mine! I love a sweet and crunchy flavour in pine nuts! For beat result I would recommend to roast on a dry pan!
- Chili flakes. Optional in this dish, as I like a little hotness with all the flavours. Also adds one more beautiful colour to the dish and makes it super colourful!
This roasted pumpkin with pesto and feta is now one of my best dishes with pumpkins. So many flavours and also looks so great! If you try it let me know what you think, I am so excited to hear the feedback! I can guarantee you are going to love it!
You would also love:
Roasted Pumpkin with Pesto and Feta
- ½ medium size pumpkin
- ½ block vegan feta cheese
- chili flakes
- 1 tbso olive oil
- 1 handful pinenuts
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 g pine nuts
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove all the seeds. Brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil and some salt.
- Bake in preheated 200°C oven skin side up for about 40 minute or until soft. You can check by knife if the flesh is soft.
- Meanwhile add all the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend well. Add a splash of water if too thick.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, slice it and plate.
- Top it with pesto sauce following with crumbled vegan feta, pine nuts, chili flakes and some olive oil. Enjoy!