If you’re looking something different and delicious for holiday season this salad is definitely for you! So many beautiful flavours together makes a beautiful salad so don’t hesitate to try it! This is definitely going to be one of my favourite on holiday celebrations!
Beetroot contains vitamin C, B6, Manganese, Folate, Pottasium, Magnesium and Iron. Also helps to keep blood pressure in check, improves digestive health, brain health and has anti-cancer properties.
Fennel contains vitamin C, Calcium, Pottasium, Iron, Magnesium and Manganese. It can benefit heart health, mental healt and may have antibacterial properties.
Festive Beet, Fennel & Orange Salad
- 2 fennels
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 orange
- 1 hanful of walnuts
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and cumin
- Peel and cut in half your beetroot and add some cumin and salt.
- Cut the end of the garlic bulb and add splash of olive oil, cumin and salt.
- Wrap both beetroot and garlic in foil and bake in the preheated 160C oven for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool in the oven.
- Meanwhile Thinly slice fennel and greens and toss with some lemon juice.
- Add cooked beetroot, garlic, walnuts, salt and olive oil and toss everything together.
- Garnish with slices of orange and enjoy!
Check more salads here…