If you’re looking something different and delicious for holiday season this Festive Beet, Fennel & Orange Salad is definitely for you! So many beautiful flavours together makes a beautiful salad so don’t hesitate to try it! This is definitely going to be one of my favourite on holiday celebrations!
Nutrition for Festive Beet, Fennel & Orange Salad
Beetroot contains vitamin C, B6, Manganese, Folate, Pottasium, Magnesium and Iron. Also helps to keep blood pressure in check, improves digestive health, brain health and has anti-cancer properties.
Fennel contains vitamin C, Calcium, Pottasium, Iron, Magnesium and Manganese. It can benefit heart health, mental healt and may have antibacterial properties.
Festive Beet, Fennel & Orange Salad
- 2 fennels
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 orange
- 1 hanful of walnuts
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and cumin
- Peel and cut in half your beetroot and add some cumin and salt.
- Cut the end of the garlic bulb and add splash of olive oil, cumin and salt.
- Wrap both beetroot and garlic in foil and bake in the preheated 160C oven for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool in the oven.
- Meanwhile Thinly slice fennel and greens and toss with some lemon juice.
- Add cooked beetroot, garlic, walnuts, salt and olive oil and toss everything together.
- Garnish with slices of orange and enjoy!
Check more salads here…