I think this is very comforting meal for any occasion. Also it is quite simpple to make and doesn’t require many ingretients. I think this is perfect for cold winter days as cauliflower and broccoli is in season right now.
Cauliflower contains vitamin C, K, B6, Folate, Magnesium and Pottasium. It is great source of fibre and antioxidants and can help you with weight loss as it has very less calories. I is also very easy to add to your diet as it can me cooked in many ways such as roasting, boiling, steaming, sauteing or eating raw. Moreover it’s fairly cheap and available in most of the grocery shops around the world.
Broccoli contains vitamin C, K1, Folate, Pottasium, Manganese and Iron. Broccoli is loaded with compounds that are believed to protect against cancer. Also it has low cholesterol levels. I is great for eye health, and blood thinners. It is also believed that it helps to support heart health and brain function.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 head small cauliflower
- 1 head small broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 200 ml vegan cream
- ⅓ cup plant milk
- ⅓ tsp mustard
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp breadcrumbs or vegan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli in to small florets and boil for 8 minutes until tender and easy to go through with a knife.
- Add half cooked cauliflower florets in to blender. Add garlic, spices, vegan cream, plant milk, mustard, lemon juice and starch to a blender and blend until you get silky consistency.
- In a baking line rest of the broccoli and cauliflower florets and pour over the sauce.
- Add breadcrumbsor vegan cheese on top and bake in the 200°C preheated oven until golden brown for about 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
Check more mains here…