Teleport yourself to the Mediterranean with this delicious beetroot tzatziki! It is very easy to make and looks as delicious as it tastes. This homemade tzatziki recipe uses creamy vegan Greek yogurt, grated beets, fresh herbs, and lemon to create a dip that takes just 10 minutes to prepare! It takes just a few minutes to make, and everyone will love it!
As you may already know me, I love to make all sorts of nutritious dips and spreads. They really elevate a meal or snack from boring to exciting with minimal effort and prep. One of my all time favorite dips to make is a healthy homemade tzatziki sauce. It’s incredibly versatile and easy to make. And the added beetroot to this dip makes just perfectly refreshing for summer. Moreover it looks amazing with the bright pink colour of the beets so everyone is going to be keen to try this.
There is not much to this recipe really, beetroot is your main component and you have a couple of choices here. You can roast your own beets and then peel them and use these, but remember to wear plastic gloves to peel the skins off or you will look like a serial killer.
If you are short on time and culinary determination then head for the supermarket and buy cooked beets/beetroot that are vacuum packed but make sure they do not have any vinegar etc in them, just plain beetroot.
Ingredients for beetroot tzatziki
- Cooked beetroot (or use fresh and bake it yourself in the oven wrapped in foil for 1 hour, cool and peel and you’re good to go)
- Lemon (juice)
- Vegan Greek Style yoghurt
- Fresh Dill and Mint
- salt, black pepper and olive oil
Check out more recipes:
Crispy Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
- 2 medium size cooked beetroot use store bought or roast by your self
- 3 tbsp vegan greek style yoghurt
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper
- olive oil to garnish
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Peel and grate your beetroot.
- To a bowl add vegan yghur, grated beetroot, chopped fresh dill, minced garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix everything very well.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top and add fresh mint to serve.
- Serve as a dip with fresh bread or as a side dish to your main. Enjoy!
Balsamic Beet Cucumber Salad - Tasty Simply Vegan1st September 2022 at 11:47 am
[…] Beetroot Tzatziki […]