This zesty summer green potato salad is loaded up with snappy English peas, fresh herbs and so much flavor! A delicious, healthy vegan salad that can be made ahead. This potato salad recipe is a riff on classic French potato salads, which contain no mayo and lots of herbs. I opted for lemon juice instead of vinegar for a super fresh-tasting salad.
This recipe is surprisingly simple and quick to make. I hope this potato salad becomes your go-to potluck recipe, as well as a standard side dish at your dinner table. It goes great with burgers, sandwiches, and much more.
Ingredients to make this summer green potato salad:
- new potatoes or fingerlings
- fresh or frozen sweet peas
- fresh herbs- dill and mint
- fresh cucumbers
- olive oil
- honey or other liquid sweetener
- salt and pepper
What type of potato to use?
Any small new potato can substitute for the fingerlings. New potatoes are not an actual type of potato, but rather, a stage in their growth. Think of them as young potatoes. Or spring potatoes. They are pulled out of the ground early, and their skin is still tender and thin, unlike older, fully grown thicker-skinned mature potatoes.
Because new potatoes are uprooted early, they haven’t had the time to convert their sugar into starch, making them taste sweeter. They have less starch, their texture is waxy and crisp, and for this reason, they lend themselves to being boiled or steamed, and hold their shape well.
Blanch the potatoes until fork-tender (about 20 minutes), then add the peas to the pot right at the end, giving them a quick 1-2 minute blanch.
Check out more recipes:
Crispy Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Summer Greens Potato Salad
- 750 g baby new potatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 2 small cucumbers
- bunch fresh dill and mint
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp honey or any other liquid sweetener
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepepr
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes or until a knife pierces them easily. Add the frozen peas for the final 2 minutes of cooking then drain well and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half.
- Whisk togetheer dressing ingredients and add potatoes, peas, cucumber and herbs to the dressing.
- Toss well and enjoy the salad!
27 Delicious Potato Salad Recipes - Crafty Eats19th October 2022 at 6:01 pm
[…] Summer Green Potato Salad (from Tasty Simply Vegan) […]