Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto with Crostini takes about 20 minutes to prepare and can be made up to two days in advance. Store the pesto, covered, in the refrigerator, and garnish with fresh basil immediately before serving. Store toasted and cooled bread slices in an airtight container.
These little toasts are simple to assemble, especially if you have sun-dried tomatoes and basil on hand, and are a great snack to have with drinks.
This Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Crostini is:
Perfect Party Appetizer
Only 8 Ingredients
Quick & Easy
This recipe calls for sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil as they are softer and easier to blend. The sauce incorporates the oil for even more flavor, adding just enough olive oil to make a smooth mixture. If you’re using tomatoes without the oil, soak them in half a cup of oil for at least a few days before using. For an extra special spread, use homemade sun-dried tomatoes.
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
All that is needed is a food processor and 8 ingredients.
The 8 Ingredients (in no particular order):
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs: The star of the show. Intense. Sweet. And tart.
- Garlic: A must-have, always.
- Fresh parsley and basil: Cuz we’re hanging on to fond memories of summer.
- Oregano: Little flavor bombs of briny sweetness.
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seedss offer a richer, more buttery texture.
Place the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse. And done.
And that’s it.
There is magic in the simplicity of a beautiful, vibrant red, sun-dried tomato pesto forever living in your fridge ready to lend itself to a dreamy appetizer or meal at a moment’s notice. We could all use a little magic.
Check out more recipes:
Crispy Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Crostini
- 10 piece sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- handful fresh parsley and basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 baguete
- fresh basil to top
- Add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend very well until smooth and well combined.
- Add a splash of water if needed.
- Toast the slices of the baguete and spread the pesto sauce.
- Top it with fresh basil and more sunflower seeds. Enjoy!
terrie gura27th July 2022 at 4:19 pm
Another winner! I am imagining this variation of pesto would also be great for tossing with hot pasta. You have packed so much flavor into it. Your recipes really do speak to your blog’s name!
tastysimplyvegan6th August 2022 at 9:04 am
Thank you so much!😊