This Nourishing Brown rice salad with Roasted Carrots and Beets is delicious, nutritious and super filling meal for any occasion. This salad is also super easy to prepare, with minimal prep time and tons of versatility! Enjoy roasted, and with all sorts of mix-ins and adaptions! Naturally vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and full of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxing power!
I love eating colourful variety of food. Not only does it look good, but eating a wide variety of colored produce will provide a broad spectrum of nutrients and antioxidants, which can only be a good thing. More so, evidence supports the idea that the more vibrant the color, the more nutrients are found in the ingredient.
This autumn root vegetable salad combines a mixture of colorful veggies and tops it off with my favourite mustard vinaigrette for a simple, healthy, and even detoxing side salad that’s earthy, crunchy, flavorful, and delicious – perfect for potlucks, picnics, BBQs, and mid-week meals!
The Ingredients for Rice Salad with Carrots and Beets
- Carrots: any colored carrot will work. I used my home grown orange carrots.
- Beetroot: I used regular red beetroots which I grow in my own garden. However, feel free to use any variety based on what you have available.
- Brown rice: I used about one cup of freshly ccoked and colled brown rice.
- Herbs: I used lots of fresh parsley here.
- Salad dressing: I used a simple mustard vinaigrette for this carrot and beet salad with a combination of extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, liquid sweetener and salt. Feel free to add herbs and spices if you like or some fresh minced garlic clove.
- Seeds: I love to add some cruchiness to the salad. I used some sunflower seeds. You can also add pumpkin seeds or any king of nuts you like. It gives a lovely crunchy flavour and adds some healthy fats to the salad.
Check out more recipes:
Brown Rice Salad with Roasted Carrots and Beetroot
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 medium size beetroot
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds/any seeds or nuts
- 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener honey/agave
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the brown rice according to the package instuctions. When it's cooked let it cool down.
- Slice your carrots and beetroot desired bite size pieces and trasfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt, oregano, paprika and drizzle olive oil.
- Mix everything with your hands and bake in the 200C oven for about 35 minutes until slightly browned and fork tender.
- Make the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Mix well.
- To a mixing bowl add brown rice, cooked vegetables, chopped parsley and sunflower seeds, drizzle the mustard dressing and mix well. Serve it and enjoy!
Rice Salad with Carrots and Beets — Tasty Simply Vegan | My Meals are on Wheels19th September 2022 at 8:33 pm
[…] Rice Salad with Carrots and Beets — Tasty Simply Vegan […]