This simple canellini bean and beetroot salad recipe uses just a handful of ingredients to create a delightful salad dish. Beets add a sweet, earthy and aromatic flavor that shines in this side salad. Mixed together with some homemade pickles, creamy beans and some fresh parsley all the flavours combine super well. Finished with a simple vinnaigrete it’s all you really need for a beutiful lunch or dinner meal.
Ingredients for Canellini Beetroot Salad
There is just couple of the ingredients in this salad which you can simply find in your cupboard.
- Beetroot. This is the star of the salad. I like to boil them for the easiest option. You can either roast them in the oven or boil as me. Roast with some olive oil and salt in some alluminum foil for the best results. Boil for about 30-40 minutes until fork tender and the skins should come of easily.
- Pickles. I like to use some fresh homemade pickles. You can definitelly use store bought gherkins. It gives a lovely sour and crunchy flavour to the salad.
- Onion. For the crunchiness and tanginess for the salad. I like to put just a very small or half of the white onion chopped into very small cubes. It melts mixed in the salad and you’ll have a crunchy bits in every bite of the salad.
- Canellini beans. I like to use canned beans as it’s super easy and quick. Hovever you can definitile use and cook dry ones if you prefer. The beans give nutrients, creaminess and so much flavour to the salad.
- Fresh parsley. I like to use herbs in my salads. You can either use parsley or dill here or both if you’d prefer.
- Dressing. It’s made from olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and black pepper. Simply mix all together or just pour everything on the chopped ingredients and mix everything all together very well.
Check out more recipes:
Canellini Beetroot Salad
- 3-4 cooked beetroot
- 1 can canellini beans
- 3 pickles chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Chopp and mix all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing ingredients and mix again.
- Let it site for 10 minutes for flavours to combine and enjoy!