Thıs easy to make shaved cucumber salad offers beautiful flavour combination and is absolutely stunning to look at. It’s so great as a side dish with any of your meals and perfect for sharing. Freshly shaved cucumber combined with fresh dill and sliced tangy red onion rings are dressed with simple lemon, olive oil vinnaigrete and just a little bit of black pepper and salt finally touched with cremy vegan feta cheese. This salad is going to be your go to salad with any meal.
How to make thin shaved cucumber salad?
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the cucumber into thinly shaved ribbons. Slice the red onion into this half rings. Chow to fresh dill.
- Combine the ingredients. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the vegetables. Add the thin shaved cucumber into a separate bowl and then add in the dressingmixture. Toss to combine.
- Finish it off. Sprinkle the salad with vegan feta cheese and more fresh dill before serving.
Why this salad is worth to try?
- It looks absolutely amazing when served and everyone is going to be keen to try it.
- Easy to make. You’ll only need 10 minutes to toss everything in one bowl.
- Fresh ingredients. This salad is super refreshing and flavourful made with all the fresh produce.
- Goes well with everything. When you make this salad you can eat it as it is or eat as a side dish to anything. Trust me it goes so well with everything.
- Shaving raw vegetables, either on a mandoline, with a vegetable peeler or with a very sharp knife, is an easy way to quickly transform them into a featherlike, elegant salad.
Check out more salad inspiration:
Shaved Cucumber Salad
- 6-7 Small cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 30 g vegan feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- Shave the cucumbers with a vegetable peeler or a mandoline.
- Chop the red onion into thin half rings.
- Chop the fresh dill.
- Combine cucumber, onion and dill and toss with the dressing ingredients.
- Finish it with vegan feta cheese and serve it. Enjoy!