This creamy, vegan green lentil curry can be made in one-pot in less than an hour. It’s creamy, comforting, packed with protein and so many flavours. It’s also super easy to make. Perfect to warm you up on a cold day. This green lentil curry is made with lots of onion fried with many great spices and garlic, as well as starchy potato bites, green lentils and blitzed swiss chard, all together simmered in a creamy coconut milk and finally topped with some tahini for extra creaminess. As good as it sounds it tastes just amazing, all the flavours go so well together and it’s perfect served with hot fluffy rice.
Why you’ll love thi green lentil curry:
- Quick: This green lentil recipe takes less than an hour to make
- Protein-Packed: This green lentil recipe is packed with protein from the green lentils which make it a filling and hearty meal
- One-Pot: Mess-free and made in only one-pot. You can even make this recipe in an instant pot if you wish
- Vegan-friendly: Vegan-friendly and perfect for anyone in your family with dairy allergies
- Super flavorful: If there is one thing curry should be, it’s flavorful. This lentil curry does not fall short.
Green Lentils: Low in sodium and saturated fat but high in potassium, fiber, folate, and antioxidants, lentils are truly a magical legume, especially for a plant-based diet in need of protein. This lentil curry recipe is loaded with flavor but also the health benefits from the green lentils.
For this green lentil curry recipe, I used green lentils, but as you might know, there are so many types of lentils out there that can be really overwhelming. Lentils are an inexpensive way to get a wide range of nutrients. Which as someone who eats primarily plant-based, is why I love them. They’re packed with things like B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Lentils also have a ton of protein which makes them a great meat alternative and they fill you up!
Green lentils, next to brown lentils, are the most popular types. These types cook quickly and split and fall apart when cooked through. Which adds a great thickness and texture to soups and stews (or curries).
Check out more recipes:
Green lentil Curry
- 2 medium white onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cans green lentils
- 2 potatoes
- 100 g parboiled swiss chard finelly chopped or blitzed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tahini
- In a large cooking pan heat up olive oil and add chopped onion.
- Saute for couple of minutes and add all the spices together with garlic and chopped potatoes.
- Saute for another 5 minutes and add lentils, swiss chard and coconut milk.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes until everything is creamy and cooked.
- Add tahini and mix for extra creaminess.
- Serve with hot fluffu rice and enjoy!