These roasted vegetables with creamy homemade pesto sauce are the best comfort meal you can ever make. It’s so easy to make, it’s nutritious, delicious and perfect for lunch or dinner. The perfect side dish to accompany your favorite Italian meal, or a delicious way to top a salad, these simple baked vegetables are a staple for our table.
Roasting a bunch of vegetables at the beginning of the week is an easy way to add a little balance to your meals. You can serve them as a side dish, add them to a sandwich or wrap, or enjoy them as a snack.
These pesto roasted veggies are truly one of my favorite simple side dishes. They’re lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then tossed in olive oil and roasted in the oven. After they are flavoured with homemade or store-bought pesto sauce.
The vegetables get perfectly tender while roasting, and pack in that delicious pesto flavor we all know and love.
This recipe would work with any vegetables you have on hand, but I personally love the combination of the zucchini, summer tomatoes and small potatoes. The tomatoes are releasing its juice while roasting so they flavours combine even more.
How to make roasted vegetables with pesto sauce?
This easy recipe comes together in just a few simple steps:
- Chop your veggies into small pieces
- Season them with salt & pepper, then toss them with olive oil.
- Add them to a large parchment lined sheet pan and roast them for about 40-45 minutes until they’re tender
- Garnish with homemade pesto sauce and some more bresh basil leaves.
It’s easy to make, so delicious, and pairs well with just about anything! You guys are going to love it.
Check out more recipes:
Roasted Vegetables with Pesto Sauce
- 500 g small size potatoes
- 5 medium size tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful pine nuts
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil. Mix everything and bake in the 200C oven for about 40 minutes until vegetbales are tender.
- Meanwhile make the pesto sauce by adding all the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on the plate and top with basil pesto sauce. You can garnish with more basil on top. Enjoy!