This herby chickpea wrap is light, delicious and infused with many herbs flavours. It’s perfect for hot summer days for a quick and easy meal.
I love eating salads in summer. Especially with the home grown vegetables and herbs it just makes me so happy and eating real and whole foods doesn’t have to be a complicated affair when simplicity radiates from the whole ingredients its made with. I made this chickpea salad and it was so good but yet I decided to put it in a wrap and it made a perfect lunch.
What’s in this Herby Chickpea Wrap?
This Chickpea salad is very simple. The ingredients are very easily to find, making it one of those recipes you can totally pull off at a moment’s notice.
- Chickpeas. You can use dried ones or tinned ones. I prefer the tinned one as it super quick and handy. Just drain the aquafaba and use it for any recipe. Also it is very convenient to keep it in your cupbhoard for any occasion.
- Lettuce. I like to mix couple of different lettuce in my salad. Here I used some swiss chard, romaine lettuce and gem lettuce all chopped in small pieces. Feel free to use any kind you like.
- Herbs. I used for this salad frsh green onions from my garden and lots of parsley. You can also add fresh basil or mint if you prefer. I realy liked it the way it turned out.
- Pine nuts. Again I just wanted to add some crunch to the salad so I used some pine nuts. You can definitely swap to other nuts on hand or even seeds would go really great here.
- The dressing. I made very simple salt, lemon, olive oil and special ingredient za’atar dressing here. If you don’t have za’atar on hand you can swap to sumac or leave it out.
Check out my other favourite recipes:
Herby Chickpea Wrap
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1 handful swiss chard
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 handful parsley
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 wraps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp za'atar
- Chopp all the greens and herbs and add to the bowl.
- Add the drained chickpeas and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and za'atar.
- Mix everything and put in wraps. Enjoy!