This easy vegan one-pot Sticky Agave-Glazed BabyPotatoes is a simple, effortless way to prepare baby potatoes. This Asian potatoes dish makes a great side dish and a great addition to the holiday dinner table. Sticky Potatoes have the most thick and delicious glaze and the potatoes come out so tender and yummy! These potatoes are so easy and fast to cook and take 30 minutes cooking time total. These scrumptious golden fluffy baby potatoes are covered with caramelized sweet, sticky, and savory agave syrup & soy sauce, garnished with nutty sesame seeds and fresh scallion.
Sticky Baby Potatoes Recipe
Potatoes are a good source of fiber. There are a number of different ways to prepare potatoes, among them Mashed, Baked, Roasted, Au Gratin, Scalloped, Grilled, and cold Potato Salad.
The key element of this recipe is the “Sauce”- the caramelization of agave syrup and light soy sauce make the potatoes really tasty, It’s savory with a touch of sweetness with garlicky flavor( if you don’t like garlic, you can simply skip it!)
For this recipe, I use Baby Potatoes. I prefer baby potatoes for this one-pot dish is because baby potatoes don’t need to be peeled before cooking, their skin is thin and tender.
Besides the health benefits, in fact, baby potatoes( or new potatoes) have a more delicate, sweet taste and creamier texture than regular potatoes.
- Baby Potatoes – you can use starchy or all-rounder ones as they become fluffy when cooked and absorb flavour.
- Garlic – finely chopped, they’re for flavor, to infuse the caramelized sauce. Garlic is the perfect savory compliment to the sweet agave syrup.
- Soy sauce– You can opt for gluten-free light soy sauce too.
- Agave Syrup– a must have for this recipe, you might use Maple syrup instead!
- White Sesame Seeds– Roasted sesame seeds give this dish extra nutty flavor.
- Scallion( Spring Onion)– Thinly sliced scallion for garnish.
Check out more recipes:
Sticky Baby Potatoes
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions
- Wash and cut baby potatoes in half.
- To a pan add and heat up olive oi and add potatoes.
- Fry for about 8 minutes mixing occasionally until slightly golden brown.
- In a bowl add water, soy sauce, and agave syrup. Mix well.
- T the browned potatoes add minced or crushed garlic and the sauce.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until water evaporates and sauce becomes thick. Mix ocasionally to prevent burning.
- In the end add sesame seeds and garnish with chopped scallions. Enjoy!