This roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad is tossed with spinach, parsley, vegan feta cheese and one of my favourite simple lemon- garlic dressing. Simple, hearty and so delicious.
Cauliflower florets, onion and chickpeas are tossed together with a quick blend of seasonings and roasted to perfection. Then they are served up hot out of the oven alongside fresh parsley and spinach and then drizzled with my favorite dreamy garlic lemon dressing. It’s a savory salad that we return to again and again because it’s so simple and satisfying. And those vibrant colors always make it a showstopper for entertaining too!
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea salad ingredients:
- Cauliflower: I recommend using fresh (versus frozen) cauliflower in this salad, so that it will have the best texture once roasted.
- Chickpeas: You will also need one can of chickpeas (garbanzos) for this recipe.
- Seasonings: I like to season the cauliflower and chickpeas with a mix of cumin, turmeric, oregano, salt and pepper for roasting. But feel free to use whatever blend of seasoning blend you love best.
- Greens: I adore the peppery flavor of freshspinach in this salad, but any salad greens that you have on hand will work here. Also my favourite herb for any salad choice is parsley, so I used some fresh parsley here as well.
- Onion: I used white large onion in this recipe and roasted it together with cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Dressing: The dressing here is super simple olive oil, lemon, garlic and salt. I minced the garlic cloves and mixed together with the rest of the ingredients.
If you like this recipe check out:
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- ½ tsp each Turmeric/Salt/Cumin/Oregano/Pepper
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g vegan feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ tsp salt
- Chop the cauliflower in to small size florets and add to a baking tray.
- To a baking tray add drained can of chickpeas and chopped onion.
- Season with turmeric, salt, cumin, pepper and oregano and olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated 200C oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile mix the dressing ingredients.
- To a salad bowl add spinach, parsley and roasted vegetables and toss everything with the dressing. Top it with vegan feta cheese. Enjjoy!