This zucchini chickpea burger recipe is not only delicious, but it’s packed full of vitamin C and healthy fiber! It’s easy to make and full of flavours!
Savory chickpea and zucchini patties are topped with a creamy sauce, juicy tomato slices and salad for a satisfying and healthy homemade veggie burger. Serve them on buns or stuff them in pitas.
With mashed chickpeas, grated zucchini, carrots, and a melange of seasonings, this zucchini veggie burger recipe is amazing. The result is a spicy and healthy vegan burger that holds up on the frying pan. What more could you ask for…
My secret for a good veggie burger is it HAS to be hearty. It has to have some texture that makes it filling and substantial. This veggie-packed zucchini chickpea burger recipe is exactly that. It has the broken yet chunky chickpeas, it has those little onion crunches and pops of parsley flavor. It has some little flecks of zucchini in there.
Ingredients for zucchini chickpea burger
- Zucchini -1 small- grated
- Chickpeas-1 can rinsed well with water,Pat them dry.
- Flour-2 Tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Cumin/Oregano -to taste
- Garlic-2 cloves
- Onion-1 white onion
- Oil-for pan frying
- Breadcrumbs – for crispy outside texture
Shred the zucchini into a clean, thin dishtowel or strainer. Gather the ends and squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini over the sink.
Add all the ingredients excepf from flour breadcrumbs and zucchini to a food processor and blent until chunky falafel like texture.
Mix in squeezed zucchini and flour and for the pattys.
Cover them in to breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
If you like this recipe check out:
Zucchini Chickpea Burger
- 1 small zucchini grated
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ tsp each salt/cuumin/oregano
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- burger buns
- favourite sauce
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze the excess water from it.
- In a food processo add chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley and spices and blend until chunky consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl together with zucchini and add the flour.
- Mix well and form the pattys.
- /cover them in breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown from both sides. Enjoy!