A vegan roasted garlic and cauliflower dip recipe made with crunchy hazelnut and za’atar. This vegan friendly and gluten free recipe is so easy to make and creates a huge batch perfect for dipping homemade croutons or adding into salads and sandwiches in the week. If you’re going to a bbq or dinner party, whip this up and serve with crunchy veg and crisps for a delicious side.
What’s in the roasted cauliflower and garlic dip?
Cauliflower- Don’t underestimate the humble cauliflower, because when it’s roasted it tastes delicious. And it’s full of flavour and seasoned with salt, it works perfectly in this dip.
Garlic- I’ve used one bulb of garlic which works out at about 8-9 cloves of garlic. Don’t be concerned with that many cloves as the roasting process takes away the harsh taste of it and instead creates a delicious rich and smokey flavour to the recipe.
Olive oil- I love using olive oil in dips and when roasting veg as it creates a beautiful golden and smooth flavour.
Hazelnuts – I love to use them here for a crunch and lovely nutty flavour. If you cannot eat hazelnuts swap them for other nuts or seeds.
Tahini- Much like you use tahini in hummus, I love adding it to this dip to add a creamier texture. If you don’t have tahini you could swap it for hummus, or just simple leave this ingredient out.
Lemon juice – I love adding lemon juice to any dips I make, it balances all the flavours and gives a little acidity to the dip.
Za’atar- This spicee is delicious with the cauliflower. However I’ve only added a small amount so the flavour of the cauliflower comes through. Make it, taste test and feel free to add a little more to suit your preference.
Check out more recipes:
Roasted Cauliflower Garlic Dip
- 1 head small cauliflower
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp za'atar
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon juice
- Wash and cut your cauliflower into small florets and add to a baking tray.
- Cut the top of hte garlic and add to the same baking tray.
- Season with salt, za'atar and olive oil and mix everything together.
- Bake in the 200C oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- To a food processor add hazelnuts, roasted cauliflower, squeeze the garlic, add tahini and lemon juice and bllend until smooth. Add a splash of water if too thick.
- Serve it with more cauliflower, hazelnuts and olive oil on top. Enjoy!