This crispy Zucchini with sun dried tomato and garlic sauce can be a perfect snack for any dinner party. Extra crispy zucchini is going to be crunchy hot or cold. It is a perfect bite size snack that everyone is going to enjoy!
Making super crispy zucchini is extremely easy. My secret to achieve this is using flour batter and breadcrums together with sesame seeds. Simply combine flour, spices and water and there you have your batter to dip zucchini. Next mix some fine good quality breadcrumbs with some sesame seeds and I will tell you fried sesame seeds are just perfect with zucchini. Next cut your zucchini in to bite size pieces, dip in to the batter and then breadcrumb and sesame seed mixture. Fry it in good quality vegetable or grapeseed oil until golden brown.
Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic sauce
Here in Lithuania, we enjoy leaf garlic whole year around. It is one of my favourite herbs to add in to sauces and salads. For this sauce I’m using leaf garlic but you can just substitute with more of the garlic cloves.
For the sauce you will need sun dried tomatoes in oil, garlic, parsley, pumpkin seeds or any nuts, salt, lemon and oil. I use my favourite small food processor to make the sauce. Simply combine all the ingredients in to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a splash of water if you think the sauce looks too thick. Also taste the sauce to adjust the flavour in the end.
How to plate Crispy Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce?
Place the fried zucchini pieces on the plate and top it with sun dried tomato and garlic sauce. Sprinkle some parlsey or leaf garlic on top as well as sesame seeds for extra crunchiness. I love to serve it as a snack to my family and friends and see everyone enjoy it!
If you like this recipe check out:
Crispy Zucchini bites with Sun Dried tomato and garic sauce
- 2 medium zucchini's
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp each salt/cumin/oregano
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 5-6 sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 handful of leaf garlic / 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful parsley
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds / any nuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
- splash of water
- Mix the flour, spices and water and make the batter.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Cut zucchini in small bite size pieces, dip in the batter and then to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry until golden brown both sides.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top the fried zucchini with sauce and garnish with herbs and more sesame seeds. Enjoy!