Spread the love
This warm asparagus and chickpea salad is one of the tastiest dish you can make this spring. As the spring produce is finally here and the asparagus and radish are in season, I created this beautiful and delicious warm salad. It’s tasty, full of flavours and also very nutritious. Everything you need for the perfect spring dish!
What you need for warm asparagus and chickpea salad?
The ingredient list is short and the most important here is freshness and the quality of the ingredients. If you can get fresh asparagus and radishes grab them and make this amazing salad!
- Asparagus. Actually I’ve got them from my family’s garden. It is one of the best feelings to know where you food comes from and that is was grown organically. Asparagus is an amazing vegetable, full of flavour and can be used in so many ways.
- Chickpeas. Once again this is probably one of my favourite legumes. I love how versatile and delicious can it be in many dishes. I soak and cook dry chickpeas as I find it easy and cheaper to use. I usually cook the whole pack and freeze in portions so I can use it for many recipes later. You can definitely use canned chickpeas as well.
- Radish. One of the best and first spring produce that is growing in my garden. It reminds me of spring and I love to use it for salads.
- Parsley. Again, one of my favourite herbs at all times and I use it literally in every of my dishes.
- Condiments. I’ve used olive oil to fry asparagus, lemon juice, salt, za’atar and vegan feta cheese which I find so amazing in salads!
If you like this recipe check out:
ZA’ATAR POTATOES & TAHINI SAUCE
Warm asparagus and Chickpea Salad
This warm asparagus and chickpea salad is one of the tastiest dish you can make this spring. Delicious and nutritious!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 cup chickpeas boiled/canned
- 1 tsp za'atar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh radish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g vegan feta cheese
- Wash asparagsu and chop into bite size pieces.
- Heat up olive oil and add asparagus together with salt and za'atar.
- Saute for 5 minutes and then add chickpeas. Saute ofr another 5-6 minutes until asparagus are tender.
- Add chopped parsley to the asparagus and chickpea mixture.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and top it with chopped radish, olive oil, crumbled vegan feta cheese and more za'atar. Enjoy warm or cold!