The Best Easy Whole Sumac Roasted Cauliflower Recipe – super simple roasted whole cauliflower for a tender, delicious, never bitter cauliflower flavor everyone loves! If you’re looking for a delicious, easy, and super simple spin on cauliflower (that actually tastes great), look no further. This whole roasted cauliflower is a knockout – full of flavor, and incredibly healthy. We’re slow roasting an entire head of cauliflower to help reduce the bitter flavor, and bring out a really simple, delicious nutty and buttery flavor that even picky eaters love – this is one of my all time favorite ways to eat cauliflower!
HOW TO ROAST WHOLE CAULIFLOWER
Roasting cauliflower is incredibly easy – it just needs to be prepped, and then thrown in the oven.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
Remove stem and any leaves from cauliflower head.
Cover cauliflower in olive oil, rub in well.
Season with salt, pepper, sumac and dried mint.
Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
Roast for 30 minutes with foil.
Remove foil and continue to roast until golden brown and softened, about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool – cauliflower will be extremely hot.
Slice and serve.
Serve over your favourite dip, I like to serve it with hummus.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS WHOLE SUMAC ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
Tender inside, golden outside
Just 10 minutes of active prep time, and the rest is hands-off
Looks and sounds fancy, but super easy to make – it’s the best roasted cauliflower head!
Naturally gluten-free, healthy, low carb, and keto friendly
Perfect as a side dish or as the main course
Packed with flavor
Easy to make
Store: Place leftovers in a covered container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Freeze: Cut into slices or pieces, let it cool completely, and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Check out more recipes:
Crispy Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Whole Sumac Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp salt
- pomergranate molases
- spring onion or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Rinse the cauliflower head and pat dry. Remove the outer leaves. Carefully cut off the bottom so that it's flat and most of the woody stem is removed, being careful not to cut off so much that it falls apart. Be sure the head stays intact.
- Place the cauliflower into a baking dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, sumac, salt and dried mint. Rub the spice with your hands into a cauliflower.
- Cover with the lid or foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- AFter 30 minutes open and let the cauliflower crisp and get the colour for another 20 minutes.
- Serve over hummus or favourite sauce, drizzle with tahini and pomergranate mollases and enjoy!