These Crispy tacos with kiwi salsa are a unique, refreshing, and ultra-tasty meat-free way to celebrate taco Tuesday (or taco Everyday). The star of these tacos is Kiwi salsa! You can get creative with the main filling here use tofu, tempeh or beans as I did!
If you’re on the hunt for delicious vegan tacos, then these crispy tacos with kiwi salsa are your solution.
In my opinion, the best part of these tacos and most of the flavour comes from this bright and sweet kiwi salsa! Kiwi’s are such an underated fruit when you think. They have more vitamin C than oranges, and because kiwis deserve more than to be contained strictly to sweet recipes, we’re using them to create a bright green, acidic taco topping salsa!
What can I use as a main filling?
Here is completely up to you! Kiwi salsa goes well with everything! You can make a filling from tofu or tempeh saute. Or just use good old lentil taco meat. I’ve tries with simple beans that were kind of refried and mashed. And I tell you what, it was amazingly delicious!
For these tacos I like to use crunchy tortillas as it makes a big difference in the taste, but again completelly up to you if you prefer soft tortillas It’s going to taste amazing as well.
Great party snack?
Oh yess! Definitely one of the best snacks for party is tacos! It’s so easy to make and everyone loves it! So why not surprise your guests with a different approach to tacos and make this kiwi salsa! I can guarantee these are goint to be gone in seconds.
You may also like these snacks:
Crispy Tacos with Kiwi Salsa
- 6-8 taco shells
- 1 large onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp italian herbs
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of parsley
- 3-4 kiwi
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- I a pan heat up olive oil and saute finelly choppesd onion for about 3-4 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Add salt and chopped tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed kidney beans and start mashinng them wit spatula while it's sauteing. You should get like refried beans consistency.
- In a bowl add choppend onion, parsley and kiwi and mix with salt and lemon juice.
- Leave it to marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Now build your tacos by placing bean mixture first and then kiwi salsa.