This Curried Carrot Spread is amazingly delicious way to add more vegetables to your diet. It can be very versatile and ingredients can be definitely adjustable. It might be one of my favourite and easy to make dips. Ussually I have all the ingredients as staple in my house and you literally make it in 15 minutes.
What are the ingredients for Curried Carrot Spread?
- Onion. One of my all time favourite vegetable and it is so cheap and super easy to cook. Gives ton of flavour to the dip.
- Carrot. Another staple ingredient in my house. Also it is super affordable and gives a lovelly sweet flavour to the dip
- Curry powder. I love this spice mixture. I use it in a lot of stews or soups. Because it has so many different flavours combined together. Also the colour is amazing! I recommend you to have it as a staple ingredient in your kitchen.
- White beans. I like buying dried beans then soaking overnight and cooking until soft. I usually freeze it in portions and always have it on hand in my freezer. So this saves a lot of time and money when you need some beans on hand. Just pour boiling water on top and wait couple minutes.
- Garlic. I use garlic on everything and with everything. This might be one of my favourite spice. I just love the flaovur of it. I love using it raw in most of my dip recipes.
How to eat this Carrot Dip?
This dip is great on crackers, or to dip vegetables in, or in a sandwich, or on a pita, or a tortilla – and I especially love it on really good sourdough bread, something about the combination of the sour bread with the flavors in this dip just pair really well.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Curried Carrot Spread
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 can white beans
- 1 clove garlic
- parsley to garnish
- In a pan add olive oil, chopped onion, carrots, salt and curry powder.
- Saute the mixture for about 10 minutes or until carrots are cooked and soft.
- Add white beans, garlic and sauteed carrot mixture to the food processor and blend it until creamy and smooth.
- Serve it with som more olive oil and fresh parsley. Enjoy!