This simple cashew and sun-dried tomato dip I created when I had to use up some nuts and decided to make a dip! It’s so crazy easy to make that I was not even planned to share with you guys.
I guess the key for the best dips are simple and great ingredients! It turned out so lovely and flavourful that all my family loved it and even said it was one of the best dips I’ve ever made.
What’s in the cashew and sun-dried tomato dip?
Very very simple ingredients!
- Cashews. Super healthy, nutty and creamy nuts, It’s one of the best nut to use for sauces and dips!
- Sun-dired tomatoes. I love htem when they are stored in oil, they have more flavour than dry tomatoes.
- Smoked paprika. Add a hint of flavour to the dip and combines the flavours together.
- Garlic. Not surprising bcause I add garlic to almost every dish I make. I love it raw and cooked and it’s one of my favourite spices/vegetable!
- Lemon. Another favourite of mine. I love to add lemon to almost everything as well! Gives such a lovely acid flavour!
How to eat this dip?
Enjoy on toasts, with crackers, with veggies, chips! Get creative here! I loved it with a lovely piece of rye bread, gives such a sweet balance. Also you can eat it as a side with veggies for bbq or whatever you can think of.
You would also like:
Cashew and Sun-dried Tomato Dip
- 100 g raw cashews
- 7-8 sun dried tomatoes, drained from oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- water if needed to blend
- Soak the cashews with hot water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain cashews and add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend well, and add some water if needed for creamier consistency.
- Garnish with some parsley and enjoy!