These Healthy kidney bean brownies are perfect guilt-free chioce for a dessert. And in case you are wondering if it tastes like beans, the answer is definitely no. It actually tastes like really fudgy and delicious chocolate brownies.
This time I decided to make muffins instead of ordinary square brownie cakes. They are bite size and can be delicious treat as my morning coffee compliment.
Kidney bean brownies are delicous, fudgy, rich and healthy
Despite the fact that beans were canned they still keep most of their nutrients and are a good source of protein and fiber. They are alos full of minerals and vitamins: phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, folate, vitamin K1.
Moreover, it’s always interesting to try out new recipes, to mix and match, and even cook something controversial. I mean beans as dessert? If you haven’t tried vegan desserts then this may sound desperate, however, sweet treats made with veggies (such as zucchini bread, sweet potato brownies or bean cakes) turn out even sweeter and more interesting than ordinary bakery products.
The recipe is very simple, you only need a food processor to get a smooth dough. You can eat these muffins raw, so don’t overbake them, I’d say 20-25 minutes would be perfect.
You might also like:
Healthy Kidney Bean Brownies
- 420 g kidney beans drained and liquid reserved
- 6 tbsp reserved bean liquid
- 6-8 dried dates or plums soaked in water
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- nuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Lighltly grease your mufin pan with some oil.
- Add all the indredients to a food processor and blend until smooth consistency.
- Transfer the dough to the muffin cups and sprinkle with some nuts and seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is hard.
- Cool down complitelly and enjoy.