Thıs Vegan Caesar Salad tastes just as good as the original version. It’s made with crisp lettuce, homemade croutons, chickpeas, sauteed leeks and a creamy dressing that is out of this world! Plus, it takes only 30 minutes to put together. This simple vegan caesar salad recipe is the perfect lunch on its own and makes a wonderful side for your favorite main dishes!
Okay, here I have to admit I’ve been craving caesar salad for so long that I cannot remember but tought it was so difficult to make a nice dressing. Actually when I first try the salad I was so shocked and suddenly all the memories came back as good as non vegan version of ceasar salad.
The Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
In my opinion most important part of this salad is a good and creamy dressing. The base of this dressing it’s mayonaise and mustard. Together with lemon juice, capers and other aditives it creates such a beautiful and creamy texture that you want to eat it just on it’s own.
Why I love this salad?
- Healthy + well balanced. This Caesar Salad is 100% vegan (diary free and egg free), well-balanced, and made with healthy whole food plant based ingredients!
- Easy to make. Everything you need for this salad is simple, accessible, and super easy to put together.
- Make it ahead. The Caesar dressing can be made in advance so you can have them handy anytime. Then all you need to do is chop up the romaine.
You might also like these salads:
Vegan Ceasar Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 leek sauteed in olive oil
- 1 can chickepas
- 3-4 slices white bread cubed and pan fried
- 1 heap tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp capers in brine
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Saute chopped leeks in olive oil until translucent.
- Roughly chop romain lettuce, add sauteed leeks and toast in dressing.
- Top with chickpeas and homemade toasted croutons. Enjoy!