This homemade silky Lemon Garlic Mashed Potato Gnocchi is so smooth and perfect for any lunch or dinner. Paired with this simple but also rich lemon, garlic and parsley sauce is just another level for pure vegan comfort food. This recipe is so perfect for cold winter days, it’s just warms you up.
Leftover Mashed Potato
We eat a lot of mashed potatoes, and it happens sometimes that we are left with so many leftovers. Everytime it happens I have to think what should I make out of them. Next day mashed potato doesn’t taste as good as fresh.
I have found a perfect solution for that. It is a vegan homemade gnocchi using leftover creamy mashed potato. It’s actually so easy to make that I prefer to make it this way than doing from scratch. You just need to mix mashed potato with some flour and salt and you make a super soft dough. It is also so creamy inside as it has all the goodnes from mashed potato such as vegan milk or cream or butter.
Lemon and garlic mashed potato gnocchi sauce
I think simple is always the best. Lemon, garlic and parsley is one of my favourite combinations for a really long time. You just have to heat up some olive oil, add lots of minced garlic, then parsley and lemon juice. It’s a very quick sauce that takes literally 5 minutes to make. Also add cooked gnocchi staright to the sauce and let flavours meet and absorbe each other.
How long does this recipe last?
This recipe will keep safely for 1-2 days in your fridge. Make sure to reheat it gently so you don’t break the gnocchi!
If you like this recipe, also check out:
POTATO WEDGES WITH PESTO MAYONNAISE
ROASTED PUMPKIN WITH PESTO AND FETA
Lemon Garlic Mashed Potato Gnocchi
- 500 g leftover mashed potato
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus more if needed
- 4 cloves mincesd garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 lemon juice
- I a large bowl add mashed potato, salt and flour.
- Using clean hands mix the ingredients together and and gently knead into a small smooth ball.
- If the mixture is too sticky add more flour until the mixture no longer sticks to your hands.
- Take a small sectiona t the time and formlong sausage shape.
- Cut around 1,5 cm gnocchi's and flour each piece.
- Bring a lot of water to boil and season with salt. Add Gnocchi's in parts and cook until they float on top of the water.
- Heat up olive oil, add garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Mix well and add cooked gnocchi's directly to the sauce. Let the ingredients absorbe each other and enjoy!