These crispy breaded mushrooms are perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. A very perfect appetiser which is so easy to make and is kind of addictive.
I really love these crispy breaded mushrooms. I can never get enough of them. There’s just something about biting throught that crispy shell and that juicy mushroom melting in your mouth. Just heaven!
Why this recipe is so good?
- The herbs and garlic in the bread mixture is just amazing flavour combination.
- Dipping the mushrooms in the batter and to the breadcrums gives the crispiest results.
- These breaded mushrooms are the perfect snack, appetizer or starter!
- Mushrooms. White button mushrooms or chestunt brown mushrooms works perfect in this recipe.
- Breadcrumbs. Store-bought breadcrums works just fine int his recipe, but you absolutelly can use homemade bread crumbs, just make sure the bread is more on the stale side. Use fine breadcrumbs instead of panko, it just makes the mushroom crispier.
- Herbs/spices. Dried herbs achieve the best results for making these breaded mushrooms. As did the garlic powder. Fresh garlic tends to burn quite quickly which doesn’t give the best result.
Tips for the best results
- Choose mushrooms of the simmilar size. This way they cook evenly.
- Use fine breadcrumbs.
You may also like these snack ideas:
Crispy Breaded Mushrooms
- 300 g buttom mushrooms
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup fine breadcrumbs
- Wash and dry the mushrooms very well.
- Mix flour spices and water together.
- In a separate bow add bradcrumbs.
- Dip each mushroom to a batter and the cover with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated 200°C oven for 35 minutes or until golden crispy..