These garlic and herb Marinated roasted bell peppers are just a rich stable that should be in everyone’s house. I still can smell my house smelling so good! These are so easy to make and stays in a fridge for a really long time!
How to roast bell peppers?
There’s a lot of different ways to roast the bell peppers. For example roasting on the fire and peeling the skin, or roasting on the gas cook top and the also peeling the skin. It’s completely up to your preferances how are you going to roast these peppers. Sure best result is fire roasting, but sometimes it can be so difficult and time consuming.
For this recipe I will give you easiest and laziest option to roast the bell peppers. I will be roasting my bell peppers in the oven. Yes you’ve read it right. I find the taste to be as great when roasting bell peppers in the oven too, and so easy as well!
How to actually roast them? Simple! Just cut bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Add some salt and olive oil and rub them with your hands very well. You shoulld roast in the hotest preheated oven you can possibly have on your cook. That’s how the peppers get black skin quick and they have better taste.
Another tip is to roast them in a deeper baking dish so you will be able to colect the juices from bell pepper. I love to add that to the marinade, it’s so much flavour.
What’s in the marinade?
The Marinated roasted red peppers are easy to make, you just need to have a few simple ingredients on hand.
- Olive oil. Here you must have a good quality olive oil as it gives so much flavour to the marinade!
- Garlic. I love loads of garlic here. Just in general I love puting garlic to everything so here I would say is a must. If you are not a big fan of garlic reduce the amount of it!
- Fresh parsley. Parsley is a must as well. I love the flavour going together with the bell peppers. Make sure it’s chopped very fine.
- Lemon juice. Good old lemon juice is a perfect acid for this marinade.
How to use Roasted Red Peppers?
I like to use it on everything. It’s just one of these things that goes well with everything! I like to make sandwch with hummus and these peppers. Or use it in wraps or as a side dish. It’s so versatile and easy to make.
You would also like these recipes:
POTATO WEDGES WITH PESTO MAYONNAISE
Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
- 4-5 large bell peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ lemon juice
- Cut peppers in half and remove all the seeds inside.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and add salt. Rub in oil mixture very well that the peppers get coated well.
- Add to a baking dish skin side up and cook in the preheated hotest oven possible (min one was 280°C).
- Check when the skins turned black it means it's ready to take out of the oven.
- Remove skins carefully while the peppers are still hot and slice them in to strips.
- Add minced garlic, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil and mix well.
- Also don't forget to add the cooking juices as it has lots of flavour.
- Marinate these peppers for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!