This ‘Honey’ Mustard Shredded Carrot Salad is literaly one of the easiest and tastiest also super healthy salad! This is perfect for brunch, lunch or just a quick little snack or dinner! It’s so delicious, has perfect amount of crunch. This healthy salad recipe features a delicate balance of sweet raw carrot, tangy lemon juice, dried rasins, olive oil, mustard, and fresh herbs. It’s one of the easiest salads to prepare, as well as good for you.
- Carrots, one of the cheapest vegetables and you can find it everywhere! Full of vitamins such as A, K. C, Calcium, Potassium and Iron! Super healthy for you!
- Raisins! Another great ingredient! Rich in flavour and gous very well with carrots.
- Fresh herbs, adds so much flavour to the salad, and also very healthy for you!
The dressing has a mayo base, but isn’t overly thick and creamy like some mayo based carrot salads can be. The mayonnaise is combined with a touch of sweetener (agave) for sweetness and mustard to give it a nice kick of spice. You can prepare the salad and dressing in advance and store them separately, or toss them all together, either way it will last for a few days in the fridge.
Why are you going to love this ‘Honey’ Mustard Shredded Carrot Salad?
- It’s fast and very easy to make! It literally takes 15 minutes to make this beautiful salad.
- It is realy so tasty! I love the combination of crunchy carrots, raisins, and fresh herbs and the creamy honey mustard dressing that is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. This salad is so simple but has a lot of great flavour and texture.
- It will last 2-3 days in the fridge. Unlike lettuce based salads, leftover doesn’t get mushy and will taste delicious for more days.
- You can prepare ingredients in advance! It’s perfect salad as a side dish and you can prepare it in advance. Just mix it with the dressing before serving and enjoy fresh carrot salad.
Salads you would also love:
‘Honey’ Mustard Shredded Carrot Salad
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh spring onion
- 2 tsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp each salt and black pepper
- Ina big bowl add shredded carrots, raisins and finely chopped herbs.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients of the dressing and mix very well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!