This easy vegan sun-dried tomato and white bean pate makes a gread sandwich filler, spread on toast, or alternative to a cheeseboard served with crackers. It’s vegan and gluten free, making it an ideal appetizer or snack for a wide variety of people!
How to make sun-dried tomato bean pate?
The ingredients you’ll need for this pate:
- Sun-dried tomatoes. I like to use jared with oil. I also use the same oil from the jar to give the pate more tomatoey flavour.
- White beans. You can use any kind of white beans you have on hand or you like.
- Oregano. I love to use oregano ir thyme in this recipe as they are best friends flavourwise.
- Lemon. Lemon juice gives this lovely acidity to the pate.
- Salt and black pepper. Just simple spices to add more flavour to the pate.
This pate is actually very easy to make and ready in just minutes. Simply just add all the ingredients above to the food processor and blend until creamy and smooth consitency. Scrape down the sides of the processor every minute of blending as you go. Add a aplash of water if it seems too thick for your liking.
How to eat this pate?
I like to use this pate or dip in all sorts of ways:
- A tasty filling for jacket potatoes
- A sandwich spread, particularly good with sliced beetroot and salad leaves
- A dinner party starter served with crispy toast and a green salad
- A party dip for crudites and breadsticks
- A ‘cheeseboard’ replacement with crackers and grapes
- Even tossed through pasta as a ‘sauce’ makes the sauce so creamy
- Dipping vegetbales
- Great pita and wrap filler
- Simply a great spread on toast
Check out more recipes:
Sun-dried tomato and white bean pate
- 10 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can white beans
- 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- splash of water if needed
- Add all the ingredients above to the food processor or blender and blend scraping the sides occasionaly until creamy and smooth.
- Serve it as you like and enjoy!