This Beet and Feta dip is made with roasted fresh beetroot and crumbled vegan feta cheese for a creamy finish. I absolutely love how vibrant this dip is. This dip hits every mark on the taste scale. I love eating it with carrots and cucumber but it is also delicious on crackers or bread.
Benefits of Beetroot
I have to admit that I had always assumed beets were good for you. But I never realized just how long the list of health benefits is. Beets are rich in fibre and one of the best sources of glutamine, an amino acid which helps maintain a healthy intestinal tract. They aid in detoxification of the body, help reduce inflammation and can lower blood pressure thanks to their high concentration of nitrates. Although they have the highest sugar content of any vegetable, the sugar is released gradually into your system giving you continued energy rather then a peak and crash like many other foods.
How to eat this beetroot feta dip?
- Serve as a part of a dip platter or appetisers for a party
- Spread over toast
- Serve as a part of a veggie bowl or a falafel bowl
- Meal prep a batch of this spread. Serve yourself a couple of tablespoons of this dip with cucumber sticks or a few crackers. Here you have a healthy snack ready in no time.
How to fast track roasting the beetroot?
Roasting beets until tender can take forever so I follow a fast track method. Peel and cut up the beets into small cubes. In a baking dish cover them with olive oil and favourite spices. Put this in the oven for 45 minutes or until a knife goes through the beets without much resistance.
Check out more recipes:
Roasted Beetroot Feta Dip
- 2 large beetroot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 g vegan feta cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- Peel and cut beetroot into small cubes.
- Place them to a baking dish and cover with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and cumin.
- Roast in the preheated 180C oven for about 45 minutes until beets are fork tender.
- Transfer cooked beetroot in to a food processor along with garlic, vegan feta, olive oil, salt and cumin to taste.
- Blend until smooth. Add a splash of water if you feel it is too thick.
- Plate the beetroot feta dip with more olive oil on top and some greens. Enjoy!