This Arugula Potato Salad is light and herb salad full of fresh simple ingredients It makes the perfect side at dinner time or a wonderful main dish for a light lunch. Especially delicious with fresh from the garden herbs! With a cream tahini salad dressing is everything you would want on your dinner or lunch table.
Ingredients for this cauliflower potato arugula salad
Take some potatoes from your pantry, wash them, peel and cul into circles or bite size cubes, roast it in the oven or the air fryer together with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roasted potaotes are tasty, smokey, and just delicious! Who doesn’t love potaotes?
You can use fresh arugula for this salad, however if you don’t like the bitter taste of arugula you can substitute it with fresh spinach or fresh massaged kale. I personally love the bitter flavour of arugula as it’s so unique, delicious and healthy for you!
Arugula taste great with potatoes, and we think they are a perfect flavor match.
Red onion is a staple in my kitchen as its milder in taste and an important ingredient in this potato arugula salad.
If you like, you can add other types of onion such as white, or shallots, chives, and even green onions.
I love to top up my salads with some healthy fats and crunch. For this salad I chose the toasted almonds which were perfect. You can substitute nuts with other type of nuts or even seeds. I Recomend to toast them on the dry pan before adding to the salad. THIS will give extra crunch and flavour.
We make our dressing with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and tahini. It’s a simple but always delicious salad dressing that I love the most!
Check out more recipes:
Arugula Potato Salad
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1 large handful of arugula
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ of one lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Peel and cut your potatoes into small circles or bite size cubes. Drizzle with oil, salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheathed 200C Oven for about 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile chopp the oniona dn toast the almonds.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Build your salad by adding the arugula to a bowl, then layer of roasted potatoes, top it with chopped onion and almonds finally drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle some chili flakes. Enjoy!