This curried potato and pea salad is a creamy potato salad with lots of Indian spice. If you are a curry lover, you will be a huge fan of this potato salad. It’s bursting with spice flavor. Flavour loaded potatoes. Peas. Red onion. Spices. All wrapped up in a creamy delicious mayo yoghurt dressing. Something about the creamy potatoes and mayo just make it perfect for a great dish. This is the best and easiest potato salad I know how to make. This is my kind of comfort food. Probably because I love potatoes. So not a big surprise.
HOW TO MAKE CURRIED POTATO SALAD
Start by roasting your potatoes. I like to roast my potatoes for this recipe, but you can definitelly do classic boiled potatoes. It’s just the roasted potatoes are slightly caramelised and crunchy. Peel and cut yout potatoes into bite size pieces and season with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
Second most important thing for this salad is the dressing. I like to make it straight in the serving bowl. First I fry onion and garlic with curry powder, cumin and salt until the spices are toasted and onion and garlic are cooked. Then I add equal parts of mayo and yoghurt and brighten up with some lemon juice. The sauce shouldn’t be to runny, when mixed with other ingredients it will be absorbed in the vegetables.
Now transfer the potatoes to the bowl with some peas, parsley, red onion and mix with the dressing. Then stir gently to combine. Serve it immediatelly or Chill until ready to serve. And Enjoy!
Red potatoes or Yukon Golds work best for potato salad as they have a waxy texture and do not break down when stirred.
If time permits cook the potatoes in advance and refrigerate for a while.
Don’t skip the fresh parsley. They really take this salad over the top however make sure that you keep them away from pets as they are poisonous to them.
You can use only yoghurt or only mayo for this salad, I like to mix it up.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Check out more recipes:
Curried Potato Salad
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 can peas
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ red onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegan yoghurt heap
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonaise heap
- ½ lemon juice
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small bite size pieces. Transfer to a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated 200C oven for about 35 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile. In a pan heat up olive oil and add chopped red onion and garlic. ADd the spices and fry for about 4-5 minutes until onion is cooked.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix with yoghurt, mayo and lemon juice.
- Add roasted potatoes, peas, parsley and red onion to a serving bowl and pour over the sauce. Mix well and serve it. Enjoy!