This roasted leek and garlic dip is creamy, delicious, full of flavour and delightful dip for your dinner or a snack. It’s made of chickpeas, roasted leeks and garlic, pine nuts and flavoured with lemon juice, olive oil and spices. Savory dips and spreads are one of my favorite snacks. I’m so glad to be sharing this vegan leek and garlic dip recipe which is perfect for holidays or any occasion.. It’s also quite easy to make. All you have to do is roast the vegetables and blend with other ingredients in a food processor. Give it a try.
How to Make Roasted Leek and Garlic Dip
Making leek and garlic dip te is similar to making hummus or another bean dip. A food processor does the heavy lifting, breaking down the cooked leeks and garlic and some chickpeas. And whipping them into a creamy, spreadable dip. A high-speed blender will also work for the recipe. Though I find that a food processor allows you to combine the ingredients without having to add a lot of liquid or get frantic with a tamp attachment. I cook chickpeas before making the dip, but you can certainly use a half can of chickpeas instead, which is about 1/2 cup cooked.
I’ve used toasted pine nuts in the recipe. Toasting the pine nuts adds a little extra depth of flavor, but it’s definitely not necessary. As for the chickpeas, use canned ones. I also simply chopped couple of leeks and drizzled with oil and some seasonings and roasted int the oven until browned. Together I also roasted a bulb of garlic whick I wrapped in a aluminum foil.
I keep the seasonings relatively simple here: garlic for the brightiness, olive oil and tahini for the creaminess and lemon for the acidity. Speaking of spices I only used black pepper which is perfect for roasting vegetables and adds a lot of flavour and just salt.
Check out more recipes:
Roasted Leek and Garlic Dip
- 2 leeks
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tps black pepper
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tpbs tahini
- Chop the leeks into bite size pieces and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb and add to aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle olive oil on the leeks and add salt and black pepper mix well and bake in the preheated 200C oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown together with a bulb of garlic.
- To a food processor add chickpeas, pine nuts, leeks and garlic as well as olive oil, tahini and lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy and serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!