I created more healthier and autumn inspired chickpea salad using pumpkin as a dressing and it was soo good, that no need for mayo or oil.
Did you know that pumkin is super high in nutrients such as Vitamin A, K, E, B6, C, Iron, Magnesium. It is also great to boost your imunity, also for eye,, skin and heart health.
Pumpkin Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ onion diced
- 1 carrot shreded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 300 g roasted pumpkin
- bunch dill
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add mashed chickpeas, onion, carrot, garlic and mix well.
- In a food processor blend pumpkin, tahini, lemon juice and spices.
- Transfer the sauce to the chickpea mixture, add chopped dill, and mix well.
- I would let this mixture sit in a fridge for 20 minutes to combine the flavours, but you can serve it right away.
- Serve on toast, or make a loaded sandwich like I did, toasted bread, chickpea salad, tomato, lettuce and pumpkin slices.
Check more sandwiches here…