This Green goddess avocado toast is super delicious and nutritious choice for lunch or breakfast. I am a huge fan of quick and easy lunches. I ideally prefer lunch to be nutritious fast to make and also wallet friendly!
What can be a better way to satisfy all this criteria than a delicious and nutritious avocado toast? I love how simple and affordable this dish is and also packed with so many flavours!
Ingredients for Green Goddess Avocado Toast
Ingredients are super cheap and most of the people have it on hand every day. Of course homemade is definitely better but you can definitely use store bought as well.
- Rye bred. Most important for a good toast is a choice of bread. I love using rye bread as is delicious and sweet and also nutritious.
- Hummus. I love making it with homemade hummus as you know that it’s good for you! Feel free to use store bought as well.
- Pesto. Again here I love making it myself. You can use any dairy free pesto you like. It gives lovely flavour to the toast. Feel free to use stores bought pesto.
- Avocado. You are going to need a good and ripe avocado for this recipe.
- Lemon juice. Gives a lovely sour flavour to the toast. Also keeps the avocado green for a longer time.
- Vegan feta. I just love vegan feta cheese alternative! Feta used to be my favourite cheese before going vegan and i’m so happy i can enjoy it again without any guilt! If you cannot find vegan feta it’s definitely optional.
- Parsley. Also adds another green colour to the dish and gives more flavour. Parsley is one of my favourite green so I’m using it with everything and on everything.
If you like this recipe, you might as well like:
Green Goddess Avocado Toast
- 1 slice rye bread
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 2 tsp pesto
- ½ avocado
- ¼ lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 g vegan feta cheese
- 1 tsp parsley
- Toast the bread in a toaster or on a dry pan.
- Spread hummus, and then pesto sauce.
- Add sliced avocado following with salt and lemon juice.
- Garnish with vegan feta crumbles and chopped parsley. Enjoy!