This easy Mediterranean potato salad is very simple to make and full of healthy ingredients! I think simplicity is the key in most of the mediterranean dishes and this on is definitely one of them. For me this potato salad is the best because non of the other ingredients overwhelm the potato, instead they add a lovely flavour to the potato.
This Mediterranean potato salad is also light as it doesn’t contain mayo or other heavy ingredients. The dressing is simple olive oil and lemon with spices. This is also a good potato salad for picnics because it does not contain dairy or eggs making it picnic-friendly in terms of food safety as it does need to be immediately refrigerated.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS Meditteranean Potato SALAD
- It’s a super quick and easy potato salad recipe.
- There’s no mayonnaise so it keeps well, is lighter and can be taken to picnics.
- Zingy lemon, herbs and feta make it a perfect mediterranean recipe.
- Enjoy it hot or cold.
- Vegetarian and easily vegan. Gluten-free.
You only need simple ingredients for this mediterranean potato salad!
- Potatoes – any potato works great here. I love to use baby potato or red-skinned ones.
- Onion – use red or yellow onion here, it gives a lovely kick to the salad.
- Feta – I’ve used vegan feta alternative, but if you can’t find it you can leave the feta out of the dish.
- Pickles- any good homemade or store bought pickles will work here.
- Capers – Just 1 tbsp of capers gives a lovely sour flavour to the salad. It is optional but I would definitely recommend to add.
- Olive oil – choose a good extra virgin olive oil for a lovely Mediterranean flavor.
- Lemon juice – I use freshly squeezed for this recipe to give it lots of fresh zing.
This salad is perfect for picnics, cookouts, barbecues, party buffets, picnics or just a great everyday side dish to a summer dinner!
Try this salad alongside these tasty recipes:
Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 pickles
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- 20 g vegan feta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ tsp chili flakes
- Boil potatoes with skin on for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and let cool down.
- Peel the skins and chop into cubes.
- Add chopped o nion, pickles, potato parsley feta and drizzle with some olive oil salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well, garnish with more feta cheese and lemon slices. Enjoy!