This Parsley Pesto Roasted Potato salad is seriously delicious way to make potatoes and have amazing side dish. I would usually make this salad with boiled potatoes, but this time I really wanted to take it to the next level. It’s super crispy and toasted in this beautiful homemade lemony parsley pesto I just promise you everyone is going to love it!
Parsley and Lemon Pesto
I love love making pesto at home. It’s actually so easy to make and I always try to make a huge batch that I can enjoy on everything. I like using pesto in sandwiches, pastas, salad and so so on. Of course if you don’t have time to make homemade pesto you can definitelly use store bought whatever is available. Although I highly recommend you to get some time and make a huge batch of homemade pesto. You can store it in the fridge for a really long time if you store it with a lid on and covered with olive oil.
How to make homemade parsley pesto?
So so easy. You only need couple of ingredients to make pesto but the result is well worthy.
- Garlic. It’s my favourite spice vegetable that I use a lot. It’s alsocheap and easy to work with. You’ll only need couple of cloves to make pesto delicious.
- Parsley. One of the cheapest greens you can find in suermarket. Also one of my favourite greens that I use almost on everything.
- Olive oil. Use a high quility olive oil here as it gives a lot of flavour to the pesto
- Lemon juice. Also one of the best things to use for sour taste and keeps the pesto green for a longer time
- Pine nuts. Here you can get creative and use other nuts on hand if you’dd like to. I prefer pine nuts as they make pesto creamy.
- Salt. How is anything without salt, isn’t it?
If you like this recipe check out:
ZA’ATAR POTATOES & TAHINI SAUCE
Parsley Pesto Roasted Potato Salad
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes in to cubes. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake potatoes in prheated 200°C oven for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile make pesto sauce by adding all the pesto ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth consistency.
- When potatoes are cooked let it cool for couple minutes and mix with pesto sauce. Enjoy!