This parsley and pine nut dip might be my new addiction as it’s so so deep in flavours and is really amazing combination. I’ve made this dip with my favourite ingredients and favourite herb which is parsley and we loved it so much that it was literally gone in seconds. I might have to make it a double batch next time.
Ingredients for parsley and pine nut dip
The ingredients you are going to need are just so simple and can be found in anyone’s pantry. The result is a super super creamy dip which is perfect for sharing.
- Chickpeas. My favourite legume to make any creamy dip. The secret to the most creamy dip is to boil chickpeas with baking soda for about 10 minutes, simply squeeze chickpea with your fingers and you’ll be able to see how soft it is.
- Pine nuts. My absolute favourite choice for nuts to use in pesto’s and dips. I like using pine nuts because they have a really unique and lovely flavour and are also very soft and creamy when blended. I recommend to toast pine nuts before using anywhere, it opens a lovely and more deep flavour of the nut.
- Parsley. I mentioned before that it’s my favourite herb to use anywhere. It is my favourite choice of flavour to add to any salad, dip or main dish.
- Tahini. This is one of the musts for a creamy textured dip. It is a sesame paste which is so healthy for you as it’s all the healthy fats.
- Garlic. Also my favourite form of spice. Adding just a couple of cloves of garlic takes the dip to the next level.
- Lemon juice. Absolutely a must here. I love that sour flavour combining with other flavours. And parsley garlic and lemon is one of the best flavour combinations everyone should try and use more.
- Spices. Here I used just simple spices such as salt, black pepper and ground cumin. If you like you can add a little chili flakes.
If you like this recipe, check out:
Parsley and Pine Nut Dip
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp each salt, black pepper and cumin
- 4 tbsp cold water
- Add parsley, pine nuts and garlic cloves to a food processor and blend until you get a paste consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. If you think it's too thick add a little more water and blend again.
- Serve with a splash of olive oil and more pine nuts and parsley. Enjoy!