This Fried zucchini with basil yoghurt is a perfect summer treat! As good as it sounds, it tastes just amazing. Fried zucchini slices meets the perfect refreshing basil yogurt, topped with good quality olive oil and crunchy toasted cashew nuts. Zucchini and basil is seriously one of the best pairs.
I love zucchini so much. I’ve been growing lots of it this summer. And it produces so much! I have to think many recipes to use up that fresh and beautiful zucchinis. I came up with this recipe accidently. Had some vegan yoghurt to use up, as well as lots of basil in my garden so I thoughr basil yoghurt sauce souns just lovely, and it turned out perfectly! The sauce is so light and refreshing and pairs perfectly with any grilled veggie. I honestly think that the simplest recipes often taste the best and every time I close my eyes I see myself enjoying a recipe like this with my family and envision the fondest memories filled with love and laughter around the table.
The ingredients for this zucchini with basil yoghurt
- Zucchini. Obviously. You need to pick small zuchini as big ones has large seeds inside of them.
- Yoghurt. I like to use here simple plain vegan greek style yoghurt. I find that greek style yoghurt is much more creamier and makes better sauces.
- Basil. You’ll need about a cup of fresh basil here. It is a must for this recipe as zucchini and basil goes so well together.
- Lemon juice. To brighten the sauce
- Olive oil. For the rich and delicious flavour.
- Cashews. I like to put a crunch on top as it gives a lovely texture. You can swap to other nuts if you would like.
- Garlic. Gives a lovely kick to the sauce.
- Salt and black pepper. To season zuchini and the sauce.
Check out more recipes:
Fried Zucchini with Basil Yoghurt
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil to fry
- 1 handful cashews toasted
- olive oil for topping
- basil for topping
- 2 tbsp plain vegan yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Wash and dry your zucchini. Cut each zuchini lenghtwise in 4-5 pieces.
- Heat up olive oil and add the slices. Fry each side for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp of the sauce to the sereveing plate. Next add fried zucchini pieces, followed by fresh basil, toasted cashews and olive oil. Enjoy!